In this position, you will work collaboratively with a team of committed cross-disciplinary staff to provide a high level of teaching and research quality in the Department of Aeronautics under the Faculty of Business Administration. While your focus will be in Aeronautics, you will also be capable of teaching technical courses relevant to your discipline. Your research will also include a focus on Aeronautics, with an expectation to work with philanthropic organizations. Consequently, you will develop and deliver authentic learning opportunities for students, in-line with the College strategic goals. Furthermore, you will be expected to effectively engage with students, appropriate communities and relevant industries both nationally and internationally. To be considered, you will have a PhD in relevant engineering field in order to deliver teaching, research and administrative activities effectively.
Lecturers with Master’s degree or exceptional teaching experience in their field will also be given consideration.
- Work independently contributing to efficient delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes and demonstrations through forward-thinking, sustainable and engaging course material for students undertaking undergraduate programs.
- Cultivate and ensure strong relationships within the scope of Aeronautics by being a key intermediary between St. Theresa International College and external stakeholders
Involve in varied administrative duties based on the level of appointment related to the goals of courses and programs of the organizational unit.
- Conduct research/scholarly activities under limited supervision both independently or as a member of a team, including publishing, research grants, collaborative projects etc.
Keeping up-to-date on trends and outcomes in international research that will benefit the knowledge and technical advancement of this position.
- Participate and develop relationship with relevant departments of universities and other institutions and connect actively with industry, commerce and government.
- Continuous self- development through active research and learning and learning contributions as well as participation in the on-going process improvement within this discipline and across the Faculty of Business Administration.
- PhD qualified in related field of engineering and/or relevant working experience.
Proven teaching/ research and industry experience as well as expertise in Aeronautics/Aviation/ Aeronautical engineering.
- Experience in preparing high-quality curriculum and course materials at tertiary level for undergraduate programs.
- Possess the capability to undertake high quality research evidenced by excellent track record in publishing in high impact journals and contributing to the development of new research initiatives, external research funding submissions and strong linkage to industry and government.
- Commitment to perform academic administrative and to deliver full academic responsibilities relating to the coordination of program, year or course.
- Passionate to build strong relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organization, and equip with high level of English language skills through technical report writing and verbal communications.
- Possessing an Academic Title will be an added advantage.